Greek-Style Turkey Meatloaf
This fresh take on a family favorite makes a delicious dinner tonight and, later in the week, stars in a savory filling for Spinach-and-Turkey Hand Pies.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 large celery stalks, diced small
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound ground white-meat turkey
- 1 pound ground dark-meat turkey
- 1 large egg
- 2 slices white sandwich bread, cut into small pieces
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium. Add onion, garlic, and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, combine vegetables, turkey, egg, bread, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Using your hands, mix until combined. Mix in feta and dill. Transfer to a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet and form into a 4-by-10-inch loaf. Bake until cooked through, 45 to 55 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.