Shake things up with a versatile blend of fresh herbs and bright flavors that you make in a jar.
- Yield: Makes 1 cup
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Source: Everyday Food, April 2012
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest plus 1/4 cup lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a medium jar with a tight-fitting lid, place lemon zest plus juice, honey, Dijon mustard, olive oil, chives, parsley, and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper, tighten lid, and shake to combine. To store, refrigerate, up to 5 days.
Pour It On: Quick Ideas for Lemon-Herb Dressing
- Use as a marinade for chicken or pork chops.
- Mix with warm boiled new potatoes.
- Drizzle over baked fish, such as salmon or cod.
- Brush on crusty bread and grill or broil.
- Toss with steamed or grilled vegetables.
- Mash with feta for a quick crostini spread.