Rejuvenate your skin with this quick DIY facial you can try at home from dermatologist David Colbert.
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 ripe strawberry
- 4 pieces cubed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon organic honey
- 4 to 6 drops argan oil
- 6 Tibetan goji berries
Homemade Fruit Peel How-To
- In a blender, combine all ingredients. Puree until consistency is semisolid and not runny. The mixture will last up to one day.
- Apply to face, working from the chin up. Massage into the skin, avoiding the eye area.
- Leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse face with warm water or wipe with a warm wet cloth.
- Apply a light moisturizer.
According to dermatologist David Colbert, the pineapple enzymes brighten dull skin and help eliminate toxins, while the salicylic acid in the strawberry sloughs off dead skin and helps shrink pores. It also reduces redness and swelling, and promotes cell regeneration. Greek yogurt contains lactic acid and zinc, which help to dry acne, and it evens and smoothes skin tone. Argan oil is rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids to fill in wrinkles, fight acne, and combat dry skin.
Use fresh ingredients, organic if possible, since canned ingredients contain syrups and preservatives. Also, test the peel on your hand or arm before applying to your face to check for a negative reaction to the mixture.