Green Eggs and Ham
This colorful recipe, inspired by the beloved Dr. Seuss book of the same name, is a fun meal idea your kids will love.
- 2 cups packed arugula
- 2 cups packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Mustard-Maple Glazed Ham
Place arugula, parsley, basil, and cheese in the bowl of a food processor; with the machine running, slowly add olive oil until a smooth paste forms. Season with salt and pepper and set pesto aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs with 1/4 cup pesto, saving any remaining pesto for another use. Season egg mixture with salt and pepper.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Using a heatproof rubber spatula, gently pull the eggs from the side of the skillet. As the eggs start to set, stir them gently until curds form. Serve immediately with ham.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, March 2012