Green Eggs and Ham
This colorful recipe, inspired by the beloved Dr. Seuss book of the same name, is a fun meal idea your kids will love.
Photography: Rob Tannenbaum
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, March 2012
- 2 cups packed arugula
- 2 cups packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Mustard-Maple Glazed Ham
Place arugula, parsley, basil, and cheese in the bowl of a food processor; with the machine running, slowly add olive oil until a smooth paste forms. Season with salt and pepper and set pesto aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs with 1/4 cup pesto, saving any remaining pesto for another use. Season egg mixture with salt and pepper.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Using a heatproof rubber spatula, gently pull the eggs from the side of the skillet. As the eggs start to set, stir them gently until curds form. Serve immediately with ham.