Master this technique for a neatly packed suitcase or perfectly appointed closet.
The Martha Stewart Show, February 2012
- Button the shirt (except for the cuffs) and place facedown on a flat surface with the arms out to the sides.
- Take one arm and fold it over the back of the shirt, bringing half the body of the shirt over.
- Fold that same arm back on itself and down at an angle.
- Repeat on other side.
- Bring the shirttail halfway up the back, then fold the bottom half once more to meet the shoulders.
- Flip over and smooth out any creases.