Use this recipe to make Chocolate Whoopie Pies with Cassis Filling.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon creme de cassis
- 7 to 8 drops purple liquid food coloring (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups confectioners' sugar
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together cream cheese and butter on medium speed until mixture is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down bowl with a spatula. Add creme de cassis, food coloring, and salt; mix on low for 30 seconds.
With the mixer on low, slowly add 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar; beat for 30 seconds. Scrape down bowl. If consistency is too soft to hold its shape, add additional confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, Episode 7096