Spring Salad with Herbs
The greens amount to about 14 cups all told, but don't worry: They will disappear in no time. Recipe reprinted with permission from Maria Helm Sinskey, copyright 2012.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 10
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2012
- 2 heads escarole, trimmed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 heads frisee, trimmed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 8 Belgian endives, cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups mixed tender fresh herb sprigs, such as tarragon, parsley, dill, and chervil
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
Place escarole, frisee, endives, and herbs in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with sugar, then toss again.
Drizzle with vinegar, and toss. Taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve immediately.