Under 30 Minutes
Spring Salad with Herbs
The greens amount to about 14 cups all told, but don't worry: They will disappear in no time. Recipe reprinted with permission from Maria Helm Sinskey, copyright 2012.
- 2 heads escarole, trimmed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 heads frisee, trimmed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 8 Belgian endives, cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups mixed tender fresh herb sprigs, such as tarragon, parsley, dill, and chervil
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
Place escarole, frisee, endives, and herbs in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with sugar, then toss again.
Drizzle with vinegar, and toss. Taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve immediately.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, April 2012