Under 30 Minutes
Salmon with Cucumber-Radish Relish
Roasting a side of salmon is a quick, simple way to feed a group. Use tweezers or small pliers to remove any remaining pin bones your fishmonger may have overlooked.
- 1 side of salmon (about 2 1/2 pounds; preferably wild), skinned
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup diced radish
- 1/2 cup diced, peeled English cucumber
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions (about 2)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place salmon on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast salmon until just cooked through (it will be opaque around edges), 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, stir together radish, cucumber, horseradish, scallions, and remaining teaspoon oil until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with salmon.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, April 2012