Salmon Burgers with Yogurt-Dill Sauce
Lemon, horseradish, and scallions brighten these healthful salmon burgers. Broiling them creates a delicious golden-brown crust without extra fat.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2008
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillet, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon prepared white horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain dried breadcrumbs
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Romaine lettuce, for serving
Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. In a medium bowl, combine salmon, horseradish, lemon zest and juice, egg, scallions, breadcrumbs, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; mix gently with a fork.
Form salmon mixture into four 3 1/2-by-1-inch patties; place on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil without turning until browned on top and opaque throughout, 6 to 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine yogurt and dill in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Serve burgers on buns with yogurt-dill sauce and lettuce.