Marinated Mushrooms with Chives
Marinated mushrooms topped with shaved Parmesan are a perfect buffet dish to bring to a potluck party. The mushrooms can marinate for up to 6 hours. To transport, pack the garnish -- fresh chives and cheese -- in separate zip-top bags and add just before serving.
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, March 2012
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest plus 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pound button mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh chives
- 1 ounce shaved Parmesan
In a small saucepan, combine garlic, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, white-wine vinegar, and salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium and cook 3 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine warm marinade and mushrooms; cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours (or up to 6). To serve, bring to room temperature, remove garlic cloves, and top mushrooms with chives and Parmesan.