Sesame-Lime Roasted Mushrooms
Serve this elegant side, from Jean-Georges Vongerichten's "Home Cooking with Jean-Georges," as a perfect accompaniment to a special-occasion meal.
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, February 2012
- 4 large wedges (12 ounces) hen of the woods (maitake) mushrooms
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Lime wedges, for serving
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Place the mushrooms in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil to coat and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to oven and roast until edges are browned and crispy, the outer edges tender, and a knife inserted into the center has some resistance, about 20 minutes.
Transfer mushrooms to a serving dish. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and parsley; serve with lime wedges.