Green Beans with Olives
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, March 2012
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 jar (9 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook green beans until crisp-tender and bright green, about 6 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse olives, parsley, anchovies, oil, and vinegar until olives are finely chopped. Add to beans and stir to combine. Season with pepper. Serve at room temperature.
This whole dish can be made ahead and packed up to go. Refrigerate overnight and let it come to room temperature before serving.