Lucky guests will love this St. Patty's Day dip. Whiskey cocktails and a cheesy dip are shortcuts to good cheer, so serve this dip with an Irish Buck.
- Servings: 8
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Everyday Food, March 2012
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 leek (white and light-green parts only), sliced into thin half-moons and rinsed well
- Coarse salt
- 8 ounces cheddar, grated (2 cups)
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons stout, such as Guinness
- Mini pumpernickel toasts or crackers
Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with rack in upper third. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium. Add leek; season with salt and cook until tender and slightly caramelized, about 12 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add cheddar, Neufchatel cheese, mayonnaise, and stout; mix until smooth. Transfer to a 1-quart baking dish and bake until bubbling and browned on top, 18 to 20 minutes. Serve with mini pumpernickel toasts or crackers.