Chicken with Sofrito
Chicken is taken to the next level with the addition of sofrito, a flavorful Spanish sauce.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2012
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 whole chicken (3 1/2 to 4 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Sofrito
- 1/3 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat oil over high. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook, skin side down, until golden and crisp, 8 minutes. Flip, then add sofrito, wine, and broth, swirling to combine. Transfer to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, 25 minutes. Transfer chicken to a platter. Tilt skillet and spoon off excess fat; pour sauce over chicken to serve.