Shrimp and Mussels with Sofrito
This shrimp and mussels boil is taken to the next level with the addition of sofrito, a flavorful Spanish sauce.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2012
- 1/2 cup Sofrito
- 2 pounds mussels, rinsed and scrubbed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Crusty bread (optional)
In a large pot over medium, stir together sofrito and mussels. Add wine and 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil. Stir in shrimp, cover, and cook until mussels open and shrimp are opaque throughout, 6 minutes, stirring once. (Discard any unopened mussels.) Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted. Season with salt and pepper and serve with bread.