Cauliflower–White Bean Dip
This dip is a great way to get kids to eat healthful veggies and beans. Also try it as a sandwich spread.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss cauliflower and garlic with 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast until cauliflower is tender and browned, 25 to 30 minutes. When garlic is cool enough to handle, remove peel.
In a food processor, combine cauliflower, garlic, beans, 1 tablespoon oil, lemon zest and juice, and 1/4 cup hot water. Process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (To store, refrigerate in an airtight container, up to 3 days.) Serve drizzled with oil.