Give the gift of beautiful -- and long-lasting -- flowers for Valentine's Day with these easy-to-make paper blooms.
Tools and Materials
- Cupcake wrappers (mini and standard)
- Screw punch
- Floral wire
- Needle-nose pliers
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Floral tape
- Wire cutters (optional)
- Flower and fern stickers (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
Cupcake Wrapper Flowers How-To:
- Using a screw punch fitted with smallest tip, punch a hole in center of three mini cupcake wrappers and three standard cupcake wrappers.
- With needle-nose pliers, create small loop in one end of 18-inch piece of 18-gauge floral wire.
- To create center of flower, apply hot glue to loop, thread one mini wrapper onto wire and pinch around loop.
- Repeat for remaining two wrappers, applying a small dab of hot glue at the base of each and pinching into place.
- To create outer petals of flower, thread one standard cupcake wrapper onto wire, line up edge with center petals, pinch bottom of wrapper and twist into place.
- Pull wrapper down wire slightly, apply dab of hot glue to base of center petals and slide wrapper back into place.
- Repeat for remaining two wrappers, applying a small dab of hot glue at base of each and pinching and twisting into place.
- With floral tape, wrap stem, starting at base of flower and continuing to end.
- With wire cutters, trim stem to desired length and fluff petals as desired.
- For added detail, use hot glue to attach flower and fern stickers to looped floral wire, glitter back of fern stickers, and wrap stems with floral tape.
“Heart and Love” Mini and Standard Cupcake Wrappers, Screw Punch, and stickers (Pink Cosmos, Zinnias, Gerbera Daisies, Ferns) available from Martha Stewart Crafts.