Give the gift of beautiful -- and long-lasting -- flowers for Valentine's Day with these easy-to-make paper blooms.
Tools and Materials
- Cupcake wrappers (mini and standard)
- Screw punch
- Floral wire
- Needle-nose pliers
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Floral tape
- Wire cutters (optional)
- Flower and fern stickers (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
Cupcake Wrapper Flowers How-To:
- Using a screw punch fitted with smallest tip, punch a hole in center of three mini cupcake wrappers and three standard cupcake wrappers.
- With needle-nose pliers, create small loop in one end of 18-inch piece of 18-gauge floral wire.
- To create center of flower, apply hot glue to loop, thread one mini wrapper onto wire and pinch around loop.
- Repeat for remaining two wrappers, applying a small dab of hot glue at the base of each and pinching into place.
- To create outer petals of flower, thread one standard cupcake wrapper onto wire, line up edge with center petals, pinch bottom of wrapper and twist into place.
- Pull wrapper down wire slightly, apply dab of hot glue to base of center petals and slide wrapper back into place.
- Repeat for remaining two wrappers, applying a small dab of hot glue at base of each and pinching and twisting into place.
- With floral tape, wrap stem, starting at base of flower and continuing to end.
- With wire cutters, trim stem to desired length and fluff petals as desired.
- For added detail, use hot glue to attach flower and fern stickers to looped floral wire, glitter back of fern stickers, and wrap stems with floral tape.