Delight a special someone with a handmade pop-up card, personalized for any holiday or occasion, with this how-to from David Carter, author of "Lots of Bots!"
Tools and Materials
Robot Pop-Up Card How-To:
- Print black and white or color robot clip art and card base template onto letter-size heavy card stock. (The black and white can be colored in with crayons or markers as desired).
- Use a bone folder to score and fold on dashed lines. Cut solid lines with craft knife.
- Glue tab A into slot A. Glue tab B onto area B on base.
- Fold and close folds C and D; add a small amount of glue to areas E, F and G.
- Fold base closed and flatten pop-up. Add pressure to pop-up area until glue is dry (approximately 30 seconds).
- Open pop-up and glue leg tabs H and J to areas H and J.
- Add birthday hat, cupcake, and gift for “Happy Birthday Bot,” or add heart for “Valentine Bot.” Decorate background and cover of card as desired.