Source: The Martha Stewart Show, January 2012
- 1/2 finely chopped, peeled, and seeded cucumber
- Coarse salt
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 5 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Pinch sugar
- Pinch garlic powder
- 5 cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, white and light green parts only, finely chopped
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
Place cucumbers in a large bowl and season with salt; toss to combine. Let stand for 15 minutes. Transfer to a colander to drain off all liquid from cucumbers. Pat dry and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together yogurt and sour cream until well combined. Stir in mint, sugar, and garlic powder. Add cucumbers, cilantro, and scallions; season with a pinch of salt and pepper; gently fold to combine. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.