Pile porchetta slices high on a crusty roll for a traditional Italian lunch. This recipe comes from chef Justin Smillie.
For the Salsa Verde
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 3 tablespoons Chardonnay vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
For the Sandwich
- 1 filone roll, split
- 12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices Porchetta
- 1 cup spicy baby arugula
Make the salsa verde: In a medium bowl, mix together shallot, parsley, chives, vinegar, oregano, and salt; whisk in olive oil until emulsified. Stir in mustard and lemon juice; set aside.
Make the sandwich: Cover split sides of rolls with salsa verde. Place 3 porchetta slices and some of the crackling on one half of each of the rolls; top with arugula and sandwich together with remaining roll half; serve.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show