Under 30 Minutes
Capellini with Chive Blossoms and Creme Fraiche
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1/4 cup minced chive blossoms, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound capellini (angel hair) pasta
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 jar (4 ounces) whitefish caviar (caviarstar.com)
- 1 hard-cooked egg, yolk and white separated
Stir together 3/4 cup creme fraiche, the chive blossoms, chives, and lemon juice to taste. Season with salt.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup pasta water. Toss pasta with butter and creme fraiche mixture, adding enough pasta water to make a light sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
Place a small dollop of remaining creme fraiche in each of 4 to 6 dishes, and sprinkle with chive blossoms and chives. Divide pasta among dishes. Top with caviar and more creme fraiche. Press egg white and yolk through a sieve, then sprinkle over pasta. Serve immediately.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, March 2012