Tools and Materials
- Bundt pan
- Plant material
Ice Wreath How-To
- Place greenery of choice in bundt pan.
- Fill bottom inch of pan with water and freeze, securing greenery in place.
- Once frozen, fill remainder of pan with water and freeze again.
- Carefully unmold wreath by running pan under cold water.
- To hang, double up a piece of ribbon, wrap loop around upper portion of wreath, and pull ends through.
Bundt pans available from Nordic Ware.
The following flora hold up beautifully under ice: evergreens, including hemlock and purple-berried juniper; cranberries, winterberries, pink pepperberries, holly, and golden-red bittersweet; hardy privet; and any variety of long-lasting eucalyptus.
When using berries, make sure they are completely submerged in ice; otherwise, oxidation will cause their color to fade and bleed into surrounding areas. Cranberries must be absolutely fresh (not frozen) before you freeze them.