Luscious Mango Lassi with Berries
A popular drink in South Asia, the mango lassi is a healthy, flavorful treat. This recipe comes from Nirmala Narine's "In Nirmala's Kitchen."
Photography: Rob Tannenbaum
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, January 2012
- 5 (6-ounce) containers plain yogurt
- 2 cups fresh or canned ripe mango pulp (from about 1 large mango)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish (optional)
Place yogurt, mango pulp, sugar, turmeric, lemon juice, and 1 cup water in the jar of a blender; blend until thick and smooth. Transfer to refrigerator until chilled.
Pour lassi into 4 glasses and top with raspberries and blueberries; garnish with mint, if desired, and serve.