Under 30 Minutes
Sausage, Arugula, and Parsley Pizza
- 6 ounces sweet Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 3 whole peeled canned tomatoes, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Garnish: flat-leaf parsley leaves and arugula, tossed with olive oil and vinegar, plus Parmesan shavings
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Remove sausage from casings. Saute over high heat until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Break into bite-size pieces.
Brush a 12-inch cast-iron skillet with 1 teaspoon oil. Press dough flat in the skillet, spreading to edge.
Combine tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and red pepper. Spread over dough.
Cook over medium-high heat until bottom is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to oven; bake 3 minutes. Scatter mozzarella and sausage on top; continue baking until edge of crust is golden brown, about 8 minutes. Garnish with parsley, arugula, and Parmesan.