Under 30 Minutes
Brussels Sprout-Lemon Pizza
Brussels sprouts make for a crispy, chewy pizza topping. Lemon slices, ever so slightly caramelized, add zing.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 3 ounces lightly salted fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 ounces finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese (about 2/3 cup)
- 3 cups packed brussels sprout leaves (from about 1/2 pound)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 paper-thin lemon slices, cut into half-moons (from 1/2 lemon)
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Brush a 12-inch cast-iron skillet with 1 teaspoon oil. Press dough flat in skillet, spreading to edge (if it retracts, let rest 5 minutes before continuing). Brush a 1-inch border around edge with 1 teaspoon oil.
Scatter mozzarella and half the Pecorino evenly over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edge.
Toss brussels sprouts with remaining Pecorino, remaining 2 teaspoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Scatter sprout mixture over cheeses, and top with lemon.
Cook over medium-high heat until bottom is golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to oven, and bake until edges of sprouts start to char, edge of crust is golden, and dough is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Season with pepper.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, March 2012