This slaw from TV chef Sarah Mastracco is a flavorful complement to her Japanese-Style Fried Chicken recipe.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Rob Tannenbaum
Source: The Martha Stewart Show
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup rice-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely grated carrots
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 4 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 fresno chiles or jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 pound snap peas, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, whisk together canola oil, vinegar, carrots, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, and sugar; set dressing aside.
Place both cabbages, chiles, snap peas, and cilantro in a large bowl; toss to combine. Add dressing and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and serve.