Grain and Legume Salad
Make a custom grain salad by mixing and matching tasty ingredients in this flexible formula from chef Pam Anderson's "Cook Without a Book: Meatless Meals."
- Servings: 4
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, January 2012
- 4 cups grains or beans, such as cooked quinoa, bulgur, wheatberries, or canned white beans or black-eyed peas
- 3 cups raw or cooked vegetables, such as peeled and coarsely grated or thinly sliced carrots; finely chopped celery; partially peeled, chopped, and salted seedless cucumbers; halved or quartered cherry tomatoes; stemmed, cored, and finely chopped bell p
- 1/2 cup extras, such as slivered or sliced roasted almonds, coarsely chopped pecans, hulled pumpkin seeds, dried dates, dried apricots, crumbled blue cheese, crumbled goat cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, olives, or hearts of palm (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped herbs, such as, parsley, cilantro, or mint
- 1/3 cup Sherry Vinaigrette
- or Lemon-Mustard Vinaigrette
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat.