Buvette Pomodorini Tartines
The savory topping of pomodorini, or marinated sun-dried tomatoes, is paired with a fresh, soft cow's-milk cheese called Stracchino, which is also known as Crescenza.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 1 cup pomodorini (enough for 8 slices of bread)
Photography: Marcus Nilsson
Source: Martha Stewart Living, February 2012
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons salted small capers, rinsed
- 1 peeled, grated whole medium garlic clove
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 to 8 ounces Stracchino cheese
- Toasted or grilled country bread
Make the pomodorini: Soak sun-dried tomatoes in warm water for 1 hour. Drain, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Mix tomatoes with sherry vinegar, oregano, capers, garlic, and olive oil. Let stand for 30 minutes.
Make the tartines: Spread a generous amount of Stracchino cheese on bread, and top with pomodorini.