Tools and Materials
- Kousa dogwood
- Mock orange
- Mountain laurel
- Garden roses
Oversize Urn Arrangement How-To
1. Set a plastic container within the urn.
2. Stabilize it, using rolled-up wads of newspaper around the edges.
3. Fill container with water.
4. Cut thick branches of dogwood to various heights, using floral shears.
5. Place dogwood branches within the container to create an armature.
6. Weave in thinner-stemmed branches of mock orange, viburnum, and mountain laurel, using dogwood branches for support.
7. Step back frequently to judge the effect and check the balance of the composition.
8. Finish by inserting roses.