Roasted Acorn Squash with Thyme
These squash wedges make a tasty side dish, with a cooked red-wine raisin vinaigrette.
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2012
- 1 large acorn squash, seeded, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss squash with olive oil and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Roast until squash is browned and tender, 30 to 35 minutes, flipping halfway through. Add raisins to a small pot with vinegar. Bring to a boil, then drain and sprinkle over squash along with almonds.