Roasted Beets with Orange and Thyme
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2012
- 1 bunch beets (about 1 1/2 pounds), scrubbed, peeled, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place beets on a large piece of foil on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Fold foil around beets and crimp ends to form a packet. Roast until tender when pierced with a knife, about 45 minutes.
Transfer beets to a large bowl and drizzle with vinegar, honey, and orange juice. Top with orange zest and thyme.