Asian-Style Chicken Soup
Ginger, fish sauce, and rice noodles make this a chicken soup for aficionados of Thai cuisine.
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2012
- 4 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- Chicken Soup Base (10 cups broth and 4 cups shredded chicken)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce, plus more for serving
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled, very thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn if large
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved (1 cup)
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges, for serving
Soak noodles according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a large pot, combine broth, fish sauce, soy sauce, and ginger and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until ginger is fragrant, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in chicken and rice noodles and cook until warmed through, 2 minutes. Divide soup among 6 bowls; top with scallions, cilantro, basil, tomatoes, and jalapeno. Serve with lime wedges.