Steamed Broccoli with Lighter Ranch Dip
Kids won't turn up their noses at this vitamin-rich vegetable when it's served alongside a creamy yet healthy dip.
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2012
- 8 cups broccoli florets (from 1 large bunch broccoli)
- 1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Set a steamer basket in a saucepan with 2 inches simmering water. Add broccoli, cover, and steam until crisp-tender, 5 minutes. Let cool completely. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, thyme, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Serve with broccoli.
Other Ways to Enjoy Lighter Ranch Dip
Spoon on top of baked potatoes.
Use as a tangy sauce for pasta salad.
Serve alongside baked breaded chicken or fish.
Substitute for mayonnaise in tuna salad.
Spread on turkey sandwiches.