Honey-Chipotle Turkey Meatballs
These smokey sweet meatballs will be a big hit at your party.
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2012
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix together turkey, onion, garlic, salt, and ground pepper until combined (do not overmix). Form into 16 meatballs. In a small bowl, stir together honey, chiles, and vinegar.
In a large ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add meatballs and cook until browned on all sides, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven, pour honey mixture over meatballs, and swirl skillet to coat; bake until liquid is reduced and meatballs are glazed, 5 minutes, swirling halfway through.