Photography: Rob Tannenbaum
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, December 2011
- Royal Icing
- Black gel-paste food coloring
- Brown gel-paste food coloring
- 1 (3 1/2-to 4-inch) sheep-shaped Sugar Cookie Cutouts
- 2 small dragees
- White gel-paste food coloring (optional)
- Marshmallows or brown-coated chocolate candies
Mix together some royal icing with black and brown gel paste until desired dark-brown shade is reached. Transfer to a small squirt bottle with a wide tip. Leaving 1/4-inch border, outline the face and legs of the sheep. Draw several zigzags across entire surface of the outlined area. If necessary, use a toothpick to spread evenly. Place dragees on face to form eyes. Let dry completely.
Mix together some royal icing with white or black coloring until desired shade is reached. Leaving a 1/4-inch border, outline body of sheep. Draw several zigzags across entire surface of outlined area. Cover with marshmallows or coated chocolate candies. Let dry completely.