Photography: Rob Tannenbaum
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, Episode 7056
- Royal Icing
- Black or white gel-paste food coloring
- 1 (8-inch) horse-shaped Sugar Cookie Cutout
- Coarse white or black sanding sugar
- Small nonpareils (optional)
- Brown gel-paste food coloring
- 2 small dragees
Mix together some royal icing with black and/or white gel paste until desired shade is reached. Transfer to a small squirt bottle with a wide tip. Leaving a 1/4-inch border, outline the body of the donkey. Draw several zigzags across entire surface of the outlined area. If necessary, use a toothpick to spread evenly. Sprinkle body with sanding sugar. If desired, sprinkle stomach and nose with nonpareils. Let dry.
Mix together some royal icing with brown gel paste, if using, until desired shade is reached. Use brown or white icing to draw mane and tail. Use brown icing to draw hooves. Let dry completely.