Asian-Style Salmon Burgers
Make a big batch of Roasted Salmon and Vegetables and use the leftovers for this speedy supper later in the week.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2012
- 4 reserved roasted salmon fillets from Roasted Salmon and Vegetables recipe
- 1 cup reserved roasted vegetables from Roasted Salmon and Vegetables recipe, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 hamburger buns, lightly toasted
- Bibb lettuce
- Chinese mustard (optional)
In a large bowl, flake and mash salmon fillets. Stir in roasted vegetables, water chestnuts, egg white, ginger, and soy sauce until combined. Add flour and stir to combine. Divide into 4 patties. Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium; add patties and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 8 minutes, flipping halfway through. Serve burgers on buns with lettuce and Chinese mustard, if desired.