This dressing goes with Chicken Salad with Avocado Dressing, but it would also be delicious on a green salad, in a wrap, or as a sauce for fish, skirt steak, or vegetables.
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 scallion (white and light-green parts only), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a food processor or blender, combine avocados, buttermilk, scallion, parsley, mint, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup water. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper and pulse until smooth.
SourceEveryday Food, January/February 2012