Tools and Materials
- Pencil or pen
- Adhesive-backed craft foam
- Craft knife or scissors
- 1/4-inch foam board
- Block-printing ink
- Palette knife
- Piece of glass or Plexiglas
Noah's Ark Stamp How-To
- Download, print, and cut out desired templates.
- Trace pairs of animals onto paper side of adhesive-backed craft foam.
- With a craft knife or scissors, carefully cut out each animal.
- To make stamp, remove paper backing from foam and affix each animal pair to an appropriately sized piece of 1/4-inch foam board.
- Squeeze ink onto piece of glass or Plexiglas; mix and spread with palette knife.
- Roll brayer through ink until completely coated.
- Roll ink onto stamp until foam animals are adequately covered, being sure to ink only the raised foam portion of the stamp and not the foam-core base.
- To start printing, place stamp face down in desired position on paper and press evenly with hands. Rolling a clean brayer across the stamp also works.
- Carefully remove stamp from paper to reveal design.
- Re-ink stamp and continue printing on paper, alternating colors of ink and different pairs of animals as desired. (Tip: Use stamps to create festive gift wrap and cards, or even beautiful wall art.)
Rolls of plain, matte wrapping paper available from The Container Store. All other tools and materials available at your local crafts- or art-supply store.