Size 15 needles
3 skeins bulky wool
Synthetic batting cut to seat size
12 1/2-inch square step stool
- Cast on 23 stitches. Knit in garter stitch for 6 rows (2 inches).
- Increase 4 stitches at the beginning of next row, as well as at the end. Continue knitting in garter stitch for 45 rows.
- Decrease 4 stitches at the beginning of next row, as well as at the end. Continue knitting for 6 more rows.
- Cast off. Weave in ends. (Block if needed.)
- Stitch together all corners, creating a slipcover.
- Place batting on seat of stool. Place slipcover over batting. Staple excess to underside of stool.
Bulky yarn, in Pluto, by Blue Sky Alpacas, from purlsoho.com. Conductor step stool, stacksandstacks.com.
Norden bench, ikea.com. Vintage round stool; and foot stool, abchome.com. Saddle seat stool; and conductor step stool, stacksandstacks.com. Wallpaper, in Scrapwood-02, wallpapercollective.com.