Tools and Materials
- White glue
- Tissue paper
- Craft brush
- Styrofoam balls
- Spray adhesive
- Natural embellishments
Tissue Paper-Covered Ball Ornaments How-To
- In a bowl, create papier-mache mixture by combining 3 parts white glue with 1 part water.
- Tear tissue paper of desired color into pieces, creating rough edges for better adhesion and a more organic look.
- With a brush, paint glue mixture onto Styrofoam ball.
- Dip pieces of tissue paper into glue mixture and apply to the surface of each ball until completely covered.
- Set ball aside to dry for about an hour, being sure to turn the ball halfway through the drying process to prevent the glue mixture from pooling in any one spot.
- Once ball is dry, spray with adhesive and cover with glitter. Set ball aside until completely dry.
- Measure ribbon by wrapping it around ball as if you were wrapping a present.
- Cut length of ribbon, tie into a bow around the ornament and secure ribbon on bottom of ball with a pin.
- Embellish your ornament with acorns, mixed berries, maidenhair fern, or other natural embellishments as desired.
Glitter available from Martha Stewart Crafts. All other tools and materials available from your local crafts- or art-supply store.