Ground Turkey Tacos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 pound ground turkey (dark and light meat)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium red tomato, cored and chopped
- 10 hard taco shells
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Pico de Gallo, for garnish
- Avocado, for garnish
Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When oil shimmers, add onion and cook until onion becomes translucent. Add turkey and cook, breaking up meat with the side of a spoon, just until meat is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Stir in chili powder, salt, and tomato paste and cook 1 minute. Add broth and simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid becomes thick and clings to meat.
Divide meat mixture, cheese, lettuce, and tomato among taco shells and serve immediately with optional sour cream, pico de gallo, and avocado.