The addition of salty flavors to store-bought mayonnaise, plus a hint of spice, makes this spread incredibly versatile and a perfect match for a wide variety of sandwich fillings.
- Yield: Makes 1 cup
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January 2012
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon brine-packed capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 finely chopped oil-packed anchovies (optional)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Stir together mayonnaise, chives, mustard, capers, anchovies, paprika, and ground pepper. Refrigerate remoulade, covered, for at least 1 hour.