Frisee Salad with Hard-Cooked Eggs
The bitter leaves in this salad pair well with the shallot-mustard vinaigrette.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Photography: YunHee Kim
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January 2012
For the Vinaigrette
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
For the Salad
- 2 heads frisee, trimmed (about 8 cups)
- 1 head red endive or radicchio di Treviso, sliced lengthwise 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons tarragon leaves
- 3 large eggs, hard-cooked, peeled, and quartered
Make the vinaigrette: Whisk together shallot, vinegar, and mustard in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in oil, and season with salt and pepper.
Make the salad: Toss together frise, endive, and tarragon in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette, and gently toss to coat. Transfer to a platter, and top with eggs. Season with pepper.