Martha Stewart Crafts Lion Brand® Yarn Extra Soft Wool Blend Loom-Knit Patchwork Garter Baby Throw
Source: Martha Stewart
About 28 inches square (71 cm square)
- MARTHA STEWART CRAFTSTM/MC LION BRAND® YARN EXTRA SOFT WOOL BLEND (Art. #5400) #501 Petal Pink 1 ball (A), #544 Lilac 1 ball (B), #503 Gerbera Daisy 1 ball (C), #556 Green Eucalyptus 1 ball (D), #599 Buttermilk 1 ball (E), or colors of your choice
- MARTHA STEWART CRAFTSTM/MC LION BRAND® YARN Knit & Weave Loom Kit
15 stitches = about 4 inches (10 cm) Exact gauge is not essential to this project.
- Follow loom manual instructions for SINGLE KNITTING for how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off.
- The loom is configured into a square to make it easier to hold, but knitting is worked in rows across only one side of the loom.
- Finished Throw is blocked by machine washing and drying.
Use the following pieces:
(4) 12-hole pieces
(4) corner pieces
Connect pieces to form a square as follows:
corner piece > 12-hole piece > corner piece > 12-hole piece > corner piece > 12-hole piece > corner piece >12-hole piece.
Insert 12 small pegs into every hole along one 12-hole piece. Insert 1 small peg into the corner piece to the left of this 12-hole piece and 2 small pegs into the corner piece to the right of this 12-hole piece (15 working pegs placed).
Insert contrast color pegs in the connecting holes to hold loom together.
SQUARE (make 49 -– 10 each with A, B, D and E; 9 with C)
Cast onto every working peg.
Knit one row, then purl one row until piece measures about 4 in. (10 cm) from beginning.
Following diagram, arrange Squares into 7 rows of 7 Squares each. Alternating direction of knitting as shown on diagram. Using needle provided with loom, sew Squares into strips, then sew strips together to make Throw.
Thread yarn ends into same needle and weave ends.
To block Throw: Machine wash on a warm temperature, gentle setting, then machine dry on a cool heat, delicate setting.
Every effort has been made to produce accurate and complete instructions. We cannot be responsible for variance in individual knitters or crocheters, human error, or typographical mistakes.
©2011 Lion Brand Yarn Company, all rights reserved.