Red Cabbage and Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
Save time on Turkey Day by preparing this delicious side dish from chef Alex Guarnaschelli ahead of time.
- Servings: 2
Photography: David M. Russell
Source: The Martha Stewart Show
- 1 tablespoon sherry-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Horseradish Cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest, plus 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 head cabbage, julienned
- 6 ounces brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, horseradish cream, Worcestershire sauce, and paprika; season with salt and pepper. Very slowly whisk in oil until emulsified. (Mixture should look like mayonnaise.) Carefully fold in creme fraiche and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
In another large bowl, mix together cabbage, brussels sprouts, celery, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
Just before serving, toss cabbage mixture with vinegar mixture; season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.