Martha Stewart Crafts Lion Brand® Yarn Extra Soft Wool Blend Loom-Knit Basketweave Throw
Source: Martha Stewart
About 32 inches square (81.5 centimeters square)
- MARTHA STEWART CRAFTSTM/MC LION BRAND® YARN EXTRA SOFT WOOL BLEND (Art. #5400): #501 Petal Pink, 4 balls or color of your choice
- MARTHA STEWART CRAFTSTM/MC LION BRAND® YARN Knit & Weave Loom Kit
12 sts + 28 rows = about 4 inches (10 centimeters) in Basketweave pattern. Be sure to check your gauge.
- Follow loom manual instructions for SINGLE KNITTING for how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off.
- The Throw is worked in one piece. A border pattern is worked on the first and last 6 rows and on the first and last 5 stitches of all other rows. Between the border stitches, 5 blocks of 18 stitches each are worked using different stitches to create the Basketweave pattern.
- The loom is configured into a straight line with a 28-hole semicircle piece placed on either end for stability.
- Contrast color pegs are used to indicate where the pattern stitch changes.
- Finished Throw is blocked by machine washing and drying.
Use the following pieces:
Two (2) 28-hole semi-circle pieces
Two (2) 36-hole pieces
Two (2) 12-hole pieces.
Connect pieces as follows:
28-hole semi-circle piece > 12-hole piece > 36-hole piece > 36-hole piece > 12-hole piece > 28-hole semicircle piece.
Insert 96 small pegs into every hole along 36-hole and 12-hole pieces. Insert 2 small pegs in semicircle piece at each end (100 working pegs placed).
To show where the pattern stitch changes, counting from left to right, replace the 5th, 23rd, 41st, 59th, 77th, and 95th pegs with contrast-color small pegs.
(Note: When working from left to right, each contrast color peg holds the last stitch of the current stitch pattern, reminding you to change pattern after working the contrast color peg. When working from right to left, each contrast color peg holds the first stitch of the next stitch pattern, reminding you to change pattern at the contrast color peg.)
Cast onto every working peg.
Rows 1–6: *Knit 1, purl 1; repeat from * across all pegs
Row 7: Knit 1, (purl 1, knit 1) 2 times, purl across to last 5 pegs, purl 1, (knit 1, purl 1) 2 times
Row 8: Knit 1, (purl 1, knit 1) 2 times, purl 18, (knit 18, purl 18) 2 times, purl 1, (knit 1, purl 1) 2 times
Rows 9–48: Repeat last 2 rows 20 more times
Row 49: Knit 1, (purl 1, knit 1) 2 times, purl across to last 5 pegs, purl 1, (knit 1, purl 1) 2 times
Row 50: Knit 1, (purl 1, knit 1) 2 times, knit 18, (purl 18, knit 18) 2 times, purl 1, (knit 1, purl 1) 2 times
Rows 51–90: Repeat last 2 rows 20 more times
Repeat Rows 7–90
Repeat Rows 7–49
Repeat Rows 1–6
Thread yarn ends into yarn needle provided with loom and weave into the fabric of the Throw. To block Throw, machine wash warm/gentle setting, then machine dry on cool heat/delicate setting.
Every effort has been made to produce accurate and complete instructions. We cannot be responsible for variance of individual knitters or crocheters, human error, or typographical mistakes.
©2011 Lion Brand Yarn Company, all rights reserved.