Granola with Pecans and Dried Fruit
The reader who sent us her recipe for this irresistible granola was inspired by pecans from her family farm.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit, such as cranberries or raisins
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Lightly coat two rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine oil, sugar, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Add oats and pecans; stir to combine. Divide mixture between sheets. Bake 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup coconut to each sheet; bake until mixture is golden brown, 15 minutes. Let cool completely on sheets. Stir in dried fruit and chocolate chips, if desired.